The Gratefix fastener is used to securely fasten steel grating to supporting steelwork with a total grip of 3 5/8". Using only a hexagon key to install, grating can be secured without welding or drilling. The Gratefix fastener is designed to be installed from above the grating by one person. No access below the grating is required resulting in a quick and simple installation. The Gratefix fastener consists of stepped malleable iron or stainless steel bottom casting complete with screw and saddle clip bracket.
Clamp for Steel, Aluminum and Fiberglass Grating
- Mechanical Galvanized Malleable Iron
- Stainless Steel Grade 304 and 316
- Easily Installed from the top side only
- No drilling, tapping, welding or use of powder actuated fasteners
- Allows easy repositioning or lifting of grating
- No special tools or skilled labor required
- No access to the underside required
- Independently tested for vibration
Step 1: Lower the Gratefix thrugh the open part of the grating, ensure the bracket is seated over the adjacent bearing bars. Step 2: Slide the Gratefix towards the supporting steelwork flange as far as it will go to ensure maximum clamping force. Step 3: Tighten the screw and ensure that the lower casting rotates until one of the steps locates on the bearing bar.
- Ask A Question
Ask A Question about 3/8" GrateFix - 100